joi, 13 octombrie 2011

They lacked nothing

People, especially me, can be really ungrateful. Even with that undeniable truth, there are so many people that have almost nothing and they know that they lack absolutely nothing. As soon as I think of that concept, the kids in Moldova come to mind. But, there are people everywhere that seem to me to be joyful and grateful, without a lot of material wealth, or status. They always are thinking of God.

I have an amazing friend that reminded me of this tonight. Without going into too much detail, she has dealt with some serious problems the past few months, and she is so grateful. She is grateful that things are getting better. She is grateful that God is teaching her things. And, to top it all off, she is so GRATEFUL TO HAVE THE ABILITY TO HELP OTHER PEOPLE. I can't even understand how someone can be thinking of others in the worst of situations, but she always is. Recently, she got the opportunity to fight for human rights at the Amnesty International Conference, and invited me join her. I am so honored to be learning about human rights alongside such an encouraging person. Also, I am so happy to get to go to Amnesty International's conference. They are fighting for people's lives. While I do not agree with everything they stand for, they are an amazing group.

http://www.amnesty.org/

What sparked this thought was an article that I read about beauty on another blog. It is really amazing. http://goodwomenproject.com/beauty/never-beautiful-enough

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu