miercuri, 23 februarie 2011

"Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind and less on outward circumstance"

Monday, Feb. 21, 2011

I couldn't sleep hardly at all last night. During the orthodox service yesterday, a begger came up to me and I wouldn't even look her in the eye. There is something very wrong with that. There is a verse in the bible that says whatever you do to the least of these, you do for me. So, by default, I ignored God, at church. We are going to go back Sunday and talk with all the beggers outside of the church (there are a lot).
This morning, we cleaned the apartment to get ready for the prayer group tomorrow night. We also went to Kaufland, which is the most "American" thing here. It has a set up similar to Publix. On the walk back, I got to make a snowangel! I was so excited (and I got a picture of it). Definitely a high point of my day. In the afternoon, Courtney made us an amazing salad at lunch and we ate it with Laurie and Lavina (our Romanian teachers). We had a good Romanian lesson, but I am excited for when we start learning how to have real conversations, since the vocab we learned can only get us so far. After the lesson, we all played a game of phase 10. It was hilarious! We laughed more tonight than we have since we got here.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu