sâmbătă, 19 februarie 2011

"=) <--- Talk to it"

Today was a good day. We woke up relatively early in the morning to have breakfast and we went to the bank  to exchange money. Annie and I tried to act Romanian by linking arms as we walked. We all went over this cool walking bridge that goes over the rail road tracks and trains. Also, I got to finally buy a headscarf and house shoes: two Romanian/ Moldovan essentials. Not to mention, it was SNOWING! Thick, beautiful, just-right snow. I told the girls that someone is making a snowman with me before I leave. In the afternoon, we went over more Romanian and discussed philosophies of ministry in Word Made Flesh. I love that it is an ecumedical organization. We also talked about Moldovan history and shared our "stories". I got far too emotional, but it was a good bonding experience with the team. Gid has really been teaching me the past couple of days that this whole experience is not about me, but about Him and His glorifying Himself through the most vulnerable Moldovans, and all of the rest of us. On a side note, I have been thinking a lot about my servant team project, and I am so excited to get started.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu