joi, 17 februarie 2011

"What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything?"

Today, after three long flights, we landed in Chisinau, Moldova. From there, we took a minivan to Iasi, Romania. We will be spending three weeks here for an orientation and Romanian language lessons. This is due to the fact that if we stay in Moldova for more than 90 days, we have to go through a costly visa process. I also met the 2 other team members . Courtney on the layover to Newark and Laurel in Munich. They are both very nice. I am extremely exhausted and excited at the same time. However, I am also rather homesick. I really miss my family and I want to call them and talk, but I can't until I have time to figure out skype times and payphones. This lack of communication is what worries me the most. However, I know this is the experience of a lifetime, so I can deal with it. 
Annie and Rachel met us at the airport (which is, the smallest I have ever seen). Annie is with us in Iasi and we met one of the Romanian women that will be teaching us the language. Her name is Laura. My host family is an older woman and her daughter, they sound very nice and I am so excited to meet them!

Un comentariu:

  1. Acest lucru este Caleb. Este foarte greu să navigaţi în pagina dvs. atunci când toate direcţiile sunt în limba română. Super super dificil şi enervant. foarte enervant. Oricum Sperăm că sunteţi distrezi!

    RăspundețiȘtergere