sâmbătă, 19 februarie 2011

"When the best things are not possible, the best an be made of those that are"

Friday, Feb. 18th, 2011
Today was a very good day. We had a late, lazy morning before going out. On the way down the stairs we got yelled at by an older Romanian man who was offended that we did not let him go first and say good morning. Annie had to explain that we were not trying to be rude, we just do not understand the culture. There are a lot of cultural idiosyncracies to get used to. We went to a few little shops underneath our block apartment and I loved being able to go all the way to the Piata (an outdoor market) to buy things for dinner.After dinner, made by Annie and Laurel, we all talked about expectations, gals, requirements, and a lot about our lives. I am a little homesick but I love it here.

***All titles are from a gift that my friend Karen gave me. Also, all blogs are just typed out excerpts from my journal

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu