luni, 28 februarie 2011

"People with many interest live, not only longest, but happiest."

February 27, 2011
This morning we went back to the orthodox church to bring food and money to the beggars that stand outside Metropoli. Two women really talked a lot to us. One of them is an older, very funny woman that kept talking to Courtney, Laurel, and I even though we had no idea what she was saying. The other, named Mihiela, is a girl who had her nose bashed in during a protest in Bucharest. She was very nice and told us her story of having children. She called Annie this afternoon and invited us to come to her house, so we are going to meet her at a public place and buy some things for her children. I am really learning to experience God's love in a tangible way, and I hope and pray that the love that I am feeling shows the beautiful people that we met outside the church today that the God of the universe loves them too. We had a relaxing afternoon, and then Annie, Laurel, and I went to La Rescruce. At church, they talked about the conference in Chisinau that they just got back from. Again, they welcomed us into a community with them. The love that they have for God, each other, and for us is amazing. They inspire me as well as convict me about how I choose to love. Today at church, there was a schizoprenic man, two homeless men, and three foreigners (us) and every single one of us was not only welcomed but whole-heartedly included. I love these people and I love God and what He is doing in their lives.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu