luni, 21 februarie 2011

"What a wonderful thought it is that some of the best days of our lives haven't happened yet"

Sunday, February 20, 2011
There is something so beautiful about living simply. The past 5 days I haven't watched TV. I've had limited access to internet. And, today, we went to two church sevices (one orthodox, one protestant), slept, ate, read, and talked. I feel closest to God during relaxed days. I need to get used to walking on ice in heels though, because on the way back from the orthodox service, I fell. I'm getting closer to the girls and I feel a lot less homesick. At the protestant church (who is providing us with the apartment we're staying in right now), I felt like we were being welcomed into a family. It was so small and they found someone to translate for us. The music was amazing and the sermon was one of the best for me to hear in a while. He was so sincere and honest. Also, everyone there had a great sense of humor and people just came up to talk to you. We also hung out with Laurie, who will be teacjing us Romanian this week. I love Iasi.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu