duminică, 20 martie 2011

"A friend is one of the nicest things you can have, and one of the best things you can be"

I think I am coming down with something. Everyone in my host family is sick and despite the many (very interesting) home remedies that they have given me, I think I am still getting it. But, church was still really good. I went to an orthodox church in the morning and then to the same evangelical church as last week. At home, I basically slept all day. But, last night, God really opened my eyes to how prideful I am in certain aspects of life. I throw around titles and crap to seem like I am important to myself. But, it really doesn't matter. Whether I am "Food Coordinator" or "Janitor" it is all the same as long as I am glorifying God. If I am trying to follow Jesus, and the bible says this about Him, why do I care what my position in life is?
"Who, being in very nature God, 
   did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage; 
 rather, he made himself nothing 
   by taking the very nature of a servant, 
   being made in human likeness. 
And being found in appearance as a man, 
   he humbled himself 
   by becoming obedient to death— 
      even death on a cross!"

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu