joi, 17 martie 2011

Happiness resides not in possesions and not in gold; the feeling of happiness dwells in the soul

Today was so. much. fun. And, I really see God in these kids. They are broken people with obvious problems because of the trauma they experienced. But, through all of this they still have this joy that seeps out of them. I especially notice this when they shout the songs we sing at the top of their lungs and when they all start out praying by thanking God profusely. We had a book discussion this morning and Anca joined us. It was really cool how all the different perspectives and biases that we have came together. Then, since it is Thursday- it's movie day. So, we watched Prince Caspian in Russian. I have no idea what it said but three kids huddled around me for the whole movie. I was too focused on how adorable the kids are to realize that I had no idea what was going on in the film. I was also really excited because I was able to have a full on Romanian conversation with my host family about things other than how our days were.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu