miercuri, 9 martie 2011

"The only journey is the journey within"

Monday, March 7, 2011
I am SO awkward. That right there is the sentence that characterized today. Moving on...
This morning we went to Metropoli with money, flowers, and a Scooby Doo coloring book to bring to Mihiela and Simona. But, they were not there. I missed the opportunity God gave me to pray with her because I felt like I was supposed to the entire time we were with her, but I didn't. However, we were able to give the flowers, coloring book, and some of the money to a woman that had two children with her. The little boy's face lit up when he got the coloring book and we saw the mom buy food with the money we gave her later today. It is so encouraging to see her use the money for what she said she was going to. I guess my surprise at that shows my cynicism. We also got to pray for and give money to an older begger that is in a lot of pain. We had some people from the church over for dinner and games. It was fun.
On a side note, I need to be better at communicating with people. I don't want to loose my friends back home.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu