luni, 14 martie 2011

“See that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I tell you that in heaven their angels always see the face of my Father who is in heaven".

So, this is going to be me complaining. Sorry. Today was hard for me. When I imagine how things in my future are going to be, especially big things like working at an orphanage in Moldova, I romanticize them. A lot. Today was the first day I worked at the internat. It's hard. It's hard to not speak the same language as the kids here. It's hard to not connect as well with the staff as I want to. It's hard to literally have nothing to do but sit there. It's hard to have a kid get really attached and crave attention because you know they don't get that from a lot of people. Its hard to see the how the places that they live in are really not homes at all. They are worse than the worse college dorms I've heard of. I think that today is the first day that I am experiencing real culture shock. But, I can rest in the fact that God loves these kids. God has room in His heart for them. God understands them. I know that I'll get over this feeling that I am having now. But, I hope that it is not fruitless. Please pray that this feeling leads to real change in how I love people. Noone deserves to feel how I am sure a lot of these kids do: abandoned, alone, and unloveable.


Heading from quotes:<insert picture of a unicorn here>

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu